18 June 2008

Pope Rage

.
Fr Ray posted about Pope Rage and while I knew I had never met it, I recognised the sort of character who might be infected by it.

Then, this evening, I met one: somebody whose Parish now hosts Extraordinary Rite Mass; where, once a month - "every damn month" - the priest celebrates ad orientem: "the ******* turns his back on all of us and expects us just to watch his back"; and "says the Consecration bit in Latin whenever he wants to".

Her family has abandoned the parish, her husband has complained (though to whom is not quite clear), and anybody who disagrees with her is one of those "bad Benedictines" who want "to go back and pretend that Vatican II never happened".

She had thought that all present were Suppository readers.

She learned differently.

2 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I'll bet she did!

Paulinus said...

Just wait 'til she hears the words:
"Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum; habemus Papam:. Eminentissimum ac Reverendissimum Dominum, Dominum Darius Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem Castrillon Hoyos..."

I can just see the half-swallowed latte spraying across the television screen.....