19 November 2008

More PO'D-ery

.

I know very little about lots of things.
.
I don't doubt that some of us are cleverer than others.
.
I imagine that if you are an ex-priest, and comfortable in a world in which you and your fellows interpret the signs of the times unanimously, whatever others might say, you might be nervous about the others if they seem to be casting themselves adrift.
.
I imagine that if you are the sort of person who thinks that sovereignty can and should be pooled, then attacks on examples of pooled sovereignty, like the Bishops'Conference of England and Wales must sound and feel like attacks on the axioms which underpin your beliefs.
.
What PO'D has said, must, to the Sandalistas, feel like what some of us have felt like every time the Cardinal Archbishop of Los Angeles has featured on a YouTube video.
.
So why is PO'D getting the publicity? Why aren't they stifling the story?
.
Is their grip finally being loosened?
.
Are they on their way out?

4 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I'll have to come back and read this later. I've just noticed that your blog clock says twenty past seven and I'm supposed to be at the prayer group at half past.

The Fixer said...

I am most certainly NOT in a mood. I am just cold. Still. I doubt whether I shall warm up this side of Advent, that's for sure. You know Oldham and its environs - it's cold in the town centre in August.

I love PO'D. How hopeful are you that the rumours are true?

the mother of this lot said...

Obviously, The Fixer was messing about on the computer while I was at the prayer group.....

PJA said...

Ttony, what a lovely thought if THEY are losing their strangle-hold!